“Be kind, be safe, and be calm.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, BC’s Provincial Health Officer
Virtual tour featuring photospheres of studios and 100’s of works of art. Goes live October 2020 at
Welcome to the
Gabriola Studio Guide
We are mindful of the safety of our artists, our community, and our visitors. Instead of an in-person tour, we have created a virtual tour of the studios you will find in this guide. There is also a website showing examples of artists’ work, info on how to connect with artists, and 360 degree views of artists’ studios.
Artists are still available by appointment so, if you see something you like, give them a call or send an email to set a time when you can visit their studio in person. Artists have been severely impacted — whether you purchase a piece online or through a personal visit, your support of artists means so much at this difficult time.
Three ways to enjoy the art of Gabriola:
- Review this guide and visit artists’ websites and social media channels
- Make an appointment and visit studios in person
- Take a virtual Tour at theartsongabriola.ca (goes live late September 2020)
Helpful Tips for the Tour:
2. Wear comfortable and practical shoes—many roads and driveways are unpaved
3. Watch for Studio numbers to help find the address of the artist you are visiting
4. Keep yourself hydrated and fed by visiting one of Gabriola’s restaurants, or get something from Nesters and bring to the beach (take your garbage with you when you leave)
5. Watch for deer and turkeys when driving around the island.
6. If you see a car with its four-way flashers going —move over, they are a first responder.