Gabriola Island’s 23rd Annual Thanksgiving Studio Tour.
If this is your first time on the Tour — welcome!
Whether you’re planning an art “marathon”, or just want to stop in on a few studios before your Thanksgiving celebrations, you’re in for a treat.
We know it’s a special pleasure to drive around our beautiful island, meet artists in their studios, and talk to them about their work.
If you’ve been on the Tour before — welcome back. We’re so happy you’ve chosen to come again. You’ve probably got your favourite studios, but be sure you check out some of our new Tour artists who are bravely opening their doors for the first time. Mix it up!
Enjoy your Tour. And let us know what you think.
mixed media textiles
Helpful Tips for the Tour:
1. Start at the Preview Gallery (located at Tour Central: Gabriola Arts & Heritage Centre) where work from all Studio Tour artists will be on display.
2. Wear comfy shoes! Slip-ons are a good idea.
3. Watch for our white flags and special road signs to guide you.
4. Keep up your strength! Stop at one of Gabriola’s restaurants or cafés for a sustaining lunch, or—if the sun is shining—order a picnic lunch to go. The island has numerous locations for a beautiful seaside meal.
5. Win ArtBucks: enter our #gabriolastudiotour photo contest and fill out our online survey. See page 30 for details.
6. For year-round touring, be sure to check Studio hours listed and call ahead!