Welcome to Gabriola Island’s 24th Annual
Thanksgiving Studio Tour.
What a great way to spend a weekend on beautiful Gabriola Island—visiting artists in their studios and seeing where the magic happens.
If you’ve done the Tour before, you know how challenging it is to get to all the studios that you want to explore.
Thank you to all who participated in the 2019 Studio Tour!
Registration for 2020
opens | Dec. 9 at 10 am
closes | Dec. 12 at 5 pm
See complete details on our registration page!
mixed media textiles
Time to flex your competitive muscles, people! It’s the Studio Tour Photo Contest.
Here’s the gist: Post a short blurb with a photo featuring your favourite Studio Tour moment to your FaceBook and/or Instagram page, and make sure to include the hashtag #GabriolaStudioTour.
The top three entries will then be voted on to declare the top spot. Not only will the victor get bragging rights, but also $100 in ARTBUCKS, to be used to secure a free seat to the GAC event of your choice.
Please ask first before taking pictures. Remember that some artists don’t want photographs taken of their work. Try to capture the studio and the artist, not necessarily the art work.
Tour Central will give you an overview of what each studio has to offer.
It’s a perfect launching point for heading anywhere on the tour. You will find a display of work by participating artists that will help you choose which studios speak the most to you, as well as knowledgeable volunteers who can help you plan your tour.
Helpful Tips for the Tour:
1. Start at the Preview Gallery & Tour Central where work from most of the Studio Tour artists will be on display.
2. Wear comfy shoes! Slip-ons are a good idea.
3. Watch for our white flags and special road signs to guide you.
4. Keep up your strength! Stop at one of Gabriola’s restaurants or cafés for a sustaining lunch, or—if the sun is shining—order a picnic lunch to go. The island has numerous locations for a beautiful seaside meal.
5. Win ArtBucks: enter our #gabriolastudiotour photo contest and fill out our online survey.
6. For year-round touring, be sure to check Studio hours listed and call ahead!